Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School Begins!!

So here's a little funny -
I have one semester left at BYU. I'm doing my student teaching at Lehi Junior High for 2 months then Pleasant Grove High School for 2 months. I thought we were supposed to start when the students started (August 17) instead of when BYU starts (September 3). So I have been going to Lehi Jr for the last week and a half. I found out yesterday that I didn't need to be there until September 3!!! Oops! Hee hee!
So I called my teacher at Lehi Jr today and asked if it would be okay that I not come in until next week - when I'm actually supposed to be there. She said that would totally be fine. The whole time she was so surprised I was there so early. I could have had a longer summer, but it's been a good experience for me to see what the first week is like and what happens in that time. It was a fun and funny learning experience!

1 comment:

SteveandWendy said...

Mel- It sounds like you've had an eventfull summer, now we can try and keep in touch a little better. Good luck with school. -Cuz Wendy