Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wish Granted

Matthew and I got new callings in our ward. Ever since we moved in Matthew has been saying he wants to be called into the nursery - that way he can play while he is at church. I kept saying the LAST calling I wanted to have was to be in the nursery. Well........any quesses as to who won??!! MATTHEW! We got called into the nursery! Matthew almost busted out laughing when the Bishop gave us that calling. Last Sunday was our first day. Matthew was stoked and I was crying - literally. I'm sure I'll find the joy that Matthew finds in being the nursery.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Mel

Our first calling when we were married was in the nursery. It's the last time we were able to serve somewhere together (indeed, when I finally got to go to Sunday School again after 4 or so years, Thomas was called into Nursery again). Looking back, it was fun to be with Thomas for those two hours and see the way he played with the kids. It also gave us a chance to talk about parenting (at home, of course), since we could interact with different kids and their tempermants. We didn't figure anything out (I'm still not sure if we've figured anything out), but at least we could discuss it and figure out where we were each coming from so that when our own kids came along we had already covered a lot of that ground.
Good luck!
Emily H.