Friday, May 15, 2009

Awesome stay at the Black Swan

David and Karissa had their open house in Pocatello last night. So Matthew and I went to support them. We had planned on driving up there and back late all in one day. After the open house we wanted to watch David and Karissa open their presents. By the time things got rolling as well as how long it takes to open presents, it was getting pretty late. It was close to 11:30. His parents own the Black Swan, a bed and breakfast, there in Pocatello. Their family has done most of the work on it. His mom did most of the paintings. It is incredible!!! They offered for us to stay there that night. What a great offer!!! That was so kind and generous of them!!! I couldn't believe it! I have wanted to stay at a bed and breakfast ever since we got married, but it hadn't happened yet. I tried to do it for our first anniversary, but our funds were too low for it. So this was an offer that I couldn't refuse! It was awesome!

Here is the website, you can check it out.
http://www.blackswaninn.com/

It is a really cool place. I highly recommend it. We stayed in the Mayan rain forest, so you can look more closely at that one. It was awesome! It had a big flat screen tv, a jetted tub, popcorn, hot chocolate and silk sheets. It was great! I felt kind of guilty staying there for free, but at the same time enjoying every minute of their generosity. We loved it and can't wait to go back!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

That Bed and Breakfast looks so fun!! I'm totally jealous of your free night's stay, but you guys deserve it! Are you home now because I was under the impression that you were gone all weekend?

I can give you my (my mom's actually) banana bread recipe if you want. It's taken a lot of practice and experimenting for me to get it right. I think a big factor is baking time. If I take it out too soon it sinks and is all doughy in the top middle. So it cooks a long time and even though it looks really dark on the outside ends up being really yummy.

Brittany said...

That was a super fun night. You guys didn't take pictures? I took some, but haven't put them on my computer yet. Alexander was so excited about the Tropical Rainforest room. He was talking about the animals all night. Well, at least until I fell asleep.

Brittany said...

I'd love to return some time sans kids!

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow, that Bed and Breakfast looks amazing!!!