Thursday, August 13, 2009

We have Seatbelts!!!

As long as I've known Matthew, and we've been crusin in his car, it has only had one seat belt in the backseat. We always wanted to offer to drive places because we can get gas cheaper, but oh yeah, we only have one seatbelt. A couple of weeks ago, our trusty lone seat belt finally died. Now we were down to having a 5-passenger car that was really a 2-passenger car. It was time to do something about it. I went to checker and asked them about it. They sent me to the Springville junk yard. They had an old Ford Contour that the worker and I took the seat belts out of. With a little bit of tweaking and working, Matthew's help, Matthew's dremmel (thanks family!), we now have 3 functioning, working seat belts!!! Yipee!!!! Now you are all invited to ride in our car!
A couple of side notes to this story:
1-When I took the seat out we found a ton of rice from our wedding - thanks everyone!
2-I was so facinated with the junk yard! I thought it was so cool! There were hundreds of cars there that they have and can take the parts from to fix up other cars. What a great way to recycle and get things for cheaper! I loved it!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love this story. Especially the rice. So awesome.