Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Caribbean Journal

Brittany and I had a great time journaling together while we were on our cruise. Hers is way cute with fun watercolors and drawings. I'm definitely not artistic like that, but I did still want to do a journal of our cruise. I wrote stuff down while we were on our cruise, then while in Honduras, I bought this journal. I then transferred everything into our cruise journal. Once I get some pictures, then I'll put them in too. I was so happy with how it turned out. I just about messed it up at the beginning, but with Matthew's help I was able to make things work out better in the end. Matthew's so good at coming up with good ideas and helping me with my meltdowns - small or big ones. Thank you Matthew!!! I'm so glad I did this! There are already so many things I've forgotten about our cruise, so it's fun to look back and see what we did. I probably wrote too much. That's one of my downfalls when I journal. Who's actually going to want to read it? I'm trying to get better with that. I'm just afraid of missing details. If no one else will read it, I sure will. I love it and am so happy with it! So originally, the rope letters said Roatan (for Roatan, Honduras), but part of the T fell off and got lost. Then some other letters started to fall off. So, I pulled all of them off. Instead of leaving it naked, I switched the letters around to say cruise. It's not perfect, but I liked how it turned out. Hopefully my adhesives will keep the letters on!
This is a Mayan calendar we got in Belize. I love it! Good purchase Matthew!
We also got this map while in Honduras. Also once we get pictures, I'm going to put pictures around it and frame it - Matthew's idea. I'm excited to work on that! Such fun memories! I loved our cruise and am so glad and grateful we got to go. That's all thanks to Matthew. He made it happen. Thanks Love!!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love how the journal turned out! You got a lot of details written down that I didn't. I should read through yours while I'm finishing mine up. Good job!