Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Naturel Freezer Jam!

No we have not fallen off the face of the earth.
We have been super busy starting our Naturel Strawberry Freezer Jam company!!! Yipee! (This is not our label, it's just a practice website I made with Photoshop a while ago)
That's right! The freezer jam you all love so much is coming to a grocery store near you! That is our hope and goal. We're starting out with the farmer's market during the summer and expanding from there. It's been a fun and wild adventure. It's been way fun to work with Matthew on it. We make a great team! There are so many things he's good at and has done that I couldn't do. At the same time, there are so many things I'm good at and have done that he couldn't do. It works out perfectly! This has been in the works for a few years, so it's fun to see it come alive and take shape! So the last couple of weeks we bought 2 freezers to store the jam in, 16 cases of apples, 20 cases of strawberries (160 pounds, 160 individual cases), bought over 500 containers with lids, and
MADE 475 JARS OF NATUREL STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM!!!

I had spring break last week, and for 3 days SOLID I worked on freezer jam. No joke 8am-11 or 12pm. I was tired after all that! My amazing, awesome Mom came and helped those days. I couldn't have done it without her or Matthew! Matthew also helped a number of times. They were lifesavors! We make our own pectin. The trick has been to figure out exactly how we want our pectin to be. I love saying it's made from our own pectin! That means a lot less sugar. But the jam is still so yummy and sweet. It's a lot healthier because we use our own pectin. Only 3 ingredients: Strawberries, pectin (from apples), and sugar. We are solidifying our labels right now and will have them soon. If you want some yummy, delicious, healthy freezer jam, you know where to get it. We'll be happy to sell some to you!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What in the world!??? That is amazing!

Des said...

You are so awesome!! I definitely want some! What a great business venture. I can't wait to hear more about it. We need to get together soon!!!!

Unknown said...

What a great thing to do! I love freezer jam but I always feel guilty with all that sugar.
Whew! Just thinking about 3 days in the kitchen is exhausting! Way to go!

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow I'm so impressed! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Sara Waldron said...

Wow that is awesome! It looks really/sounds delicious too!