Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hello World!

2 months without a post??!!! I thought summer was supposed to be a break!? Not so around here! We've definitely been keeping busy, busy, busy! So here's a quick update and pics on us and our worldwind lives
We attended the sealing of my brother Jeremy and his wife, Therese, to their adopted girls. What a neat day! The spirit was so strong, and what a treat to be there as they surrounded the altar together. I love the temple! I know through the Priesthood power we can be sealed to our families. What a special occasion.
I love their family all in white! Therese made the girls' dresses and flowers. So pretty!!!We took a trip to Yellowstone with the Henage family. Our first time to Yellowstone together. It was a quick trip, but it was so much fun!!! We loved it!
The melting pots were so cool! I was fascinated by them.Old Faithful
We went through the Manti temple for my brother Mike to receive his endowments. All my siblings and my parents were in the Celestial Room. I loved that moment! It was so neat and so special. A small taste of eternity. My parents were so happy - all their kids in the Celestial Room. I love my family!!!
We celebrated the 4th of July with our families. All my family was in town to go through the temple. We had such a fun time!!! Kickball, BBQ, fireworks, mario brothers, playing on the swing set. Good times for sure!!! It was so fun to be with all my family! It doesn't happen as often, so I cherish every minute. My eyes are so freaky looking in this pic - sorry!
The girlies diggin the fireworks
We've attended 2 of our nieces baptisms - Hera Schick
and Hannah Henage
Other exciting events without pics
  • I took 16 hours of a sewing class from BYU only to drop out of it (found out it would be $900 - not a chance!!!!)
  • I'm taking a cooking class and trying all kinds of delicious delicacies
  • I went to a week of girls' camp. Matthew stayed home and diligently worked. It was the longest we went without seeing or talking with each other. Needless to say, we missed each other and were excited to be together again!!! I love my Matthew! He means so much to me!
  • We got our freezer jam into the Springville Reams and Salem Kneadin Bread
  • We braved the wind, cold and rain to sell our jam at Springville's Art City Days
  • We discovered our jam is great to make strawberry shakes, strawberry milk, strawberry shortcake, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
  • We helped my brother Mike propose to his beautiful fiance Miriam. We are so excited to have her and her girls join our family!! They are so perfect for each other. The Schick family will grow from 2 grandkids to 9 in 9 months!!! I love it! It makes it really fun when we all get together - it's a big party!!
  • Matthew's company, Superior Design, landed a big project
  • Superior Design hired its first employee
  • I made bracelets and necklaces for Hera, Zarian and Jesse for their sealing and for Hannah's baptism
  • I made a family proclamation with pictures around it for the Schicks for their sealing
  • Matthew is researching and experimenting with making a freezer to put in the stores' shelves. He is so smart!!!
  • I am training for a 5K and 10K, both races I really wanted to run this year I wasn't able to do because of other engagements
  • I am taking a golf class and becoming a pro!
  • We attended the Goodman Family reunion (Matthew's family). We had such a fun time camping, roasting mallows, playing cards, laughing and talking.
  • We've learned lots of fun new games that we've been playing with the Henages - Dominions, Bang and Phases. I love games!!!
I think that about sums it up! We've been loving our summer! We're always up for fun activities and camping - just let us know!

2 comments:

Sara Waldron said...

Sounds like an incredibly busy, productive, fun summer! That's awesome that so many wonderful things are happening in your family. Thanks for the update!

Brittany said...

Blogging? What's that?

Good job updating. I'm so behind!