Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Schick Kids Adopted!

Yesterday, Matthew and I were up in Boise for the adoption of my three nieces. What a great day! 12 hours of driving for a 30 minute court hearing. TOTALLY worth it! I wouldn't have missed it. I LOVED being there for it. What a neat experience in their lives. The judge asked Jeremy why he wanted the girls in their family. Zarian said, "Because we're gorgeous!" I got such a kick out of that! Jer said, "It's as if they were always a part of our family, and we want it to be that way." The same question was asked of Therese. She said, I want to take care of them as if they were my own." The girls are so cute and so fun! I am so excited to have them in our family! Their family will be sealed together in 2 weeks. I can't wait for that! Such big things happening for their family. The girls all wanted their ears pierced, but they had to wait until they were adopted, so they all got their ears pierced. It was fun to be there for that. We went swimming and had such a great time going off the slides. It was a quick, but very fun and rewarding trip. I can't wait to spend more time with their cute family!

3 comments:

Des said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for them, what a cute family! So, school is almost out and we need to get together once summer is here!!!!

Sarah and Wes said...

That is so exciting! They are all so cute! And that's awesome that you guys were able to be part of such a special occasion.

Angelee said...

How amazing! What a beautiful family! Tell them I say congrats!