Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snowmobiling!









I have on my list of things to do before I die snowmobiling. Over the holidays I was telling Karissa about how it was on my list, and she and David invited us to go with them. I was so excited! We set the date to go over Martin Luther King Jr weekend. It was AWESOME! It was the perfect weekend. We drove up to Pocatello Friday night (where David and Karissa live) and stayed in the black swan. blackswaninn.com. We stayed in the Atlantis under the sea room. I love the Black Swan! I love staying there. I LOVED the Atlantis room. It had a jetted tub, a steam room, a huge tv, a round king sized bed that was under a dome and up a level, and beautiful. You can check out pictures of it from their website.
Saturday morning we went to breakfast with David, Karissa and Gramps (David's Grandpa - the cutest, funniest, most cheerful elderly man - love him!!) We drove to Island Park then took the snowmobiles out for a spin. I'll admit, the first day I was very nervous on it - I kept thinking about how I could easily get hurt. Sunday we went to church and the parking lot had a 20 foot by 20 foot snow mound from snow that was plowed - it was so crazy huge!!! There was about 5 feet of snow. Sunday we relaxed, played games, read, crocheted, and watched movies.
Monday we went out on the snowmobiles again - okay, so now I'm addicted and I can see why everyone loves it. It was so much fun!!! I felt way more confident and comfortable both driving and riding. We rode to Big Springs, and I seriously thought we were in a movie - it was unreal. The scenery was beautiful!!!! I loved the snow on the evergreens, and the lighting was so cool looking, the water was so clear and pretty, the snow layers were awesome! I couldn't get over how beautiful everything was!!! I loved it! My only regret was I forgot my camera! Luckily Matthew had his phone, so we took some pics with that, but they are not near as good as if I had my camera - I could kick myself.
I've decided I really love the seasons. I love the change each season brings, I love the scenery with each season, I love the variety of activities with each season. I love seasons!
After some more relaxing we headed home. It was a short fun filled trip. It just wasn't long enough. Thanks David, Karissa and Gramps! I can't wait to go again!

3 comments:

Kenna said...

WOW!!! It looks absolutely beautiful! Fun!

Collin and Traci said...

i KNEW those pics were from island park. collins family has a cabin there! we love it! glad you had a blast.

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow these are gorgeous pics!! Glad you got to cross that one off your list! Although I totally read that wrong. I thought you said, Things to do -- before I die snowmobiling!! Yikes! I'm glad I realized what you really meant :)