Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rex Lee Run

Matthew, my Mom, Dustin, Alicia, and I ran the Rex Lee 5K race yesterday. Proceeds go to cancer research. Dustin and Alicia have run this race for the last 6 years. I ran it last year and this year. We invited my mom to do it with us. She was a champ!!!! Wow! I kept telling her we could walk the whole time if she wanted, and that we were doing it to finish, not to get a certain time. She ran most of it. There were times I had a hard time keeping up with her! She was passing people right and left! We ran it in 35:00:01. She took 1st in her age division! See how fast she is???!!! It was so awesome! What a great privilege and blessing that was to run it with my mom. I got teary eyed a few times throughout the race, because of the miracle I was participating in. My mom is going on 5 year cancer free!!! She is a fighter! I sure love and admire her! I'm so glad she is here now, and that we could run this race together. What a fun and great opportunity!!!



1 comment:

Sarah and Wes said...

Yay!!! How special to run that race with your mom!!! I regret that I never ran that race while I was in Provo. Sounds like a great tradition!