Sunday, December 13, 2009

SKIING!!

This last Friday Matthew, his brother, Daniel, and I went SKIING!!! It was awesome! The lifts opened for the season on Friday at 9:00. We were there at 9:10. You'd think we were hard core skiiers. More like wanna be hard core skiiers. We've got a ways to go to get there though. It was Daniel's first time skiing. You would never guess though. He did great! You'd think he'd been skiing a number of times. Only the front mountain was open (pretty much the bunny hill) but we still had a great time. We have season passes, so I can ski in the morning, go to school to teach in the afternoon, and have our evenings together. It's awesome! If anyone wants to come with us, let me know! We're open for takers.
I volunteered last week to accompany for our school choirs. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. I forgot how much work and practice goes into getting a song ready. I only had a few days to prepare, so I felt like I was practicing my brains out. But I did it! Friday afternoon our choirs sang in the Provo Towne Center, and I accompanied. It was a fun experience. My worst nightmare came true though. I was afraid I would totally get off, stop playing, and be totally embarrassed. I told the choir director about my nightmare too. I told her if it were to happen, I would find a good place to come in at, so it would sound like they were supposed to be singing accapela. Well, the VERY first song, I hadn't put the last page out, so I had to stop completely, turn the page, then find a good place to come back in. My nightmare totally happened! Good thing I had a back-up plan. A few people I talked to about it afterwards said they thought it was supposed to be accapella in that place. HA! My plan worked! Now we'll be performing at the school twice next week. Gotta do some more practicing....

4 comments:

Lincoln said...

Wow! I can't believe your nightmare came true. That makes having nightmares even scarier! I'll bet you did just fine though.

Happy late birthday! What fun celebrations! It is great to be able to drag your birthday out over an extended amount of time.

Can't wait to hear where you plan your vacation. What a great gift!

Carina said...

Sorry! I just realized that I was signed in under my hubby's account. That post above was actually from me. :)

Brittany said...

Darn. I was hoping for pictures of my honey bunny on the bunny slopes. Next time!

Sorry about the piano problem. I'm sure it was fine. So when are we having the next Henage Female Choir session?

Sara Waldron said...

Good for you for volunteering! Accompanying can be quite scary. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!