Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GRADUATION!!!

This weekend was an exciting weekend. I graduated from BYU!!! I actually graduated last December, but I walked last weekend. It was great! It's such a good feeling to be done with school. A cool thing too was right before graduation started, I got offered a PE teaching job!!! That was awesome!!! I'll be working part-time at Freedom Academy, a charter school close to my parents' house. It seems like it will be the perfect job for me. I'm super excited about it - plus it was an exciting time to receive the phone call - right before graduation!!!
Here are the announcements I made for graduation. It was going to be $55.00 to order 25 announcements. Matthew said I could just make my own, so I did. I made 30 announcements for less than $10.00. They looked good too!!! My brother couldn't believe I had made them. He said they looked very professional. That was a fun compliment to receive. I thought they turned out great!!! Especially for the price!!!






I splurged for graduation, and with the help of my mom and sister, I got a new dress, shoes, and jewelry. It was fun getting some new stuff and creating a new outfit. Loved it!!


How I love my families!!! They are so great! I sure appreciate their love and support!!!
Jeremy, Therese and TJ came down from Boise. Natty came down a week early to play with mom and I during the week - it was so fun having her!!!
My Dad was working in California. I thought he wasn't going to make it, but surprised me by being there!!! He worked through the night, then flew in early Friday morning to make it to my graduation! Wow!!! That was such a fun surprise and a great graduation gift!!!


My parents gave me a new set of golf clubs for graduation!! I'm way excited about them!! It will be great to have them and get better at golfing!! My Dad loves to golf, so it's a fun thing to do with him. Matthew and I also love doing it together - it's a great activity!

4 comments:

Des said...

Yay your done!! That is so awesome about the job too. Congrats!!! We need to get together soon! Love ya!

Katie said...

Congrats on graduating and getting a job!!! What are kids are you going to be teaching? Your homemade announcements look great...I'm very impressed! Definitely better than paying all that money!!

Brittany said...

Hurray! Congratulations! I'm glad we could be there to see you graduate... and help you eat those delicious brownies.

Sara Waldron said...

Congratulations on graduating- it is a great feeling isn't it?! I'm so glad you were able to get a job that sounds awesome. Good work!