Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our First Anniversary

What a fabulous day!!! First of all - I woke up to these flowers in our room! Matthew had earlier in the morning gotten up and put them on the dresser, along with some PB M&M's (my favorite) and PB Whoppers (His favorite) What a fun surprise!
I sent him on a scavenger hunt that lasted throughout the day. My intent was to take pictures at each place, but I forgot. Our hunt began with breakfast-
One of the first "dates" we had together was to make egg pancakes, so we made egg pancakes again together. During breakfast we listened to a song that I heard and had the first thought of "I think I can marry this guy"We then went to the Manti temple, where we were sealed, and did sealings and took some pictures. While driving down, we listened to a recording of ourselves that we had made driving down to the Manti temple to get married. It was so funny to listen to it! We were so excited and giddy and silly! Awesome!!
After the temple our hunt continued by going to where we first kissed, where we said I love you for the first time, where we had picnics and watched a movie in the park. We also went to Olive Garden for dinner. We came home where the hunt ended by eating our wedding cake. Which, by the way, was not that bad. We were expecting it to taste awful and be freezer burned, but it was yummy!!! We also watched our wedding slideshow along with our wedding video. Matthew had another surprise for me. He bought "Night at the Museum." It was the first movie I had seen in a theater since I had been home from my mission (which was 9 months after I had gotten home). We held hands for the first time while watching this movie. It was way more fun to hold his hand this time while watching it. All in all - it was such a fabulous anniversary!!! We loved it and had such a great day!!!

No comments: