Saturday, June 6, 2009

5K - Yeah baby - Done and Done!!!

Matthew and I made a goal to run a 5K together, so that's exactly what we did today. It was so fun to do it together. It did take some pushing and prodding. Matthew teased me about having to get up early and to have to run. But yes, even he enjoyed it. We've been preparing the last few weeks for it - which has also been good. Last week Matthew said he ran as far as he ever has - 2 miles. (Maybe I shouldn't reveal such secrets). Today we successfully complete the 5K in 33:11 - Yes!!!! It was a great goal to work towards. Neither one of us are big into running, so it was a stretch for us. I loved having a running buddy. Now we're going to either work towards improving our time or running a 10K. Anyone know of any good ones coming up or would want to do one with us?
The fun part about it was during the race looking ahead and seeing a sea of people in front of us and behind us. As a PE teacher, I was ecstatic with how many people were participating and being active! Yes!!!! That's what I like to see!
Right before the race with our matchey shirts!
Right at the beginning of the race. My parents were nice enough to come support us, cheer us on and take pictures. We are in the front of the picture in the middle. I'm mostly hidden with a person in front of me.
Coming in on the home stretch!

I love this picture! See how much we love this??!!
In line after the race
Alisha ran it too. We didn't know that until the night before, but we didn't see her till the end of the race. Next time we'll have to do better and coordinating and run together!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! Congrats on your successful 5K!! I thought Danny's sister told me there is a 10K coming up in July. I can find out more details for you if you want.

We'd like to go camping but I have no clue when there will be time. As you know Danny's pretty consumed with work right now. If we just did a short, pretty close by trip we could probably fit it in. Maybe late June sometime? I'll talk to Danny and see what he thinks.

Brittany said...

Good job, guys! Was that the Springville Family Fun Run? Daniel and I ran that with Jeannine in 2002. Well, Daniel and Jeannine ran. I limped through most of it. I'm not a runner. Or a jogger. I can walk, though, if I'm not already injured from trying to run or jog or hike up or downhill! Nice t-shirts.