Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Scuba Certified!!!

You are now looking at the most recent scuba divers!!!! Matthew and I have been talking for a little while about wanting to get scuba certified. Scuba Ted's in Springville had an offer we couldn't pass up to certify. So as a graduation present, Matthew and I just finished our scuba certification! Yipee! It took 3 weeks. It was fast, and there was quite a bit of time involved, but it was well worth it. Now we just gotta plan a fun trip somewhere!! For our 2 open water dives we went to the Homestead Crater in Midway. It's a natural hot springs, so the temperture was nice and hot - 96. That felt really good after shivering everytime we went to the pool. I had the hardest time with any skill requiring me to take off my mask. I thought I was just breathing through my mouth, but obviously not, because I ALWAYS ended up with water in my throat!! I got really good at coughing my way through the skills - But - I was successful! It was so much fun to do it together. It's way better to certify and dive with a buddy - especially when that buddy is my amazingly awesome Matthew!

4 comments:

Kenna said...

Awesome. That sounds like so much fun. SO I have always wanted to do that but at the same time I am terrified. Congrats on getting certified, you should come join us in Hawaii this week, and then next month Lake Powell you could scuba there.

Des said...

That is so fun!!!! I am jealous. I have wanted to do that, but where is the time. :) Now you have to find a fun place to go use that certification, yay! We need to get together soon. I am out of school this Friday so we need to play!

Brittany said...

Cool, guys! How adventurous.

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow, that is so cool! Very ambitious. How fun to do it with your best bud :)