Sunday, July 12, 2009

Surprise!!!

Natalie's birthday (my sister) was on Thursday, so my parents and I thought it would go up and surprise her for her birthday. Jeremy and Therese invited Natty and Mark over for breakfast and then to the lake. We were at the house and jumped out with a big surprise when they came over for breakfast. It was such a fun surprise!

We then spent the day on the lake - it was awesome! The water was great, so I got to do some slolam skiing, wakeboarding and wakesurfing. Can't get better than that when you get to do all 3 fun activities in one day! And this time I didn't get burned - thank goodness! We then had a yummy BBQ with some delicious cake and ice cream. You can check out my wakeboarding skills. I'm still warming up for the summer, so I was just warming up. The best videos are yet to come...houseboating is next week! Yipee!
Here's TJ wakeboarding. He'll be turning 7 in the September. I can't believe how good he is! That is way cool!
We got some good shopping in - I got 2 new PE jackets for $6.00! Normally they are $30.00 a piece. I got them from Anchor Blue. They are going out of business and have some sweet deals! I also got some new running shoes. I can't wait to try them out! We also went to the park and played some Bocce. That was so fun! We had some great obstacles to work around like a sand volleyball court, a sidewalk, a horseshoe pit, a river. Good times!
The next day was ultimate day - love that game! Our team won 2 of the 3 games - go team! To finish off the fabulous weekend we went golfing. I did the best I ever have done! I had some really good drives and hits! It was so exciting! I'm finally getting the hang of this game. I still have a ways to go, but it's so great seeing some improvement and actually being able to hit the ball and have it go more than 10 yards. It was so much fun! The one thing that could have made this trip even better was to have Matthew with me. He stayed home and was hard at work while I played for a few days. He thought it would be best for him to use the time to work so he can go on houseboat trip next week. Can't wait for that! I love summer!

No comments: