Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fun Missionary Experience

It all started with our hometeacher - he came over and gave us a message about missionary work. A few days after that Matthew and I went to the Draper open house a few weeks ago, and after we went through it I told him that is such a good missionary tool! People who can't yet go to the temple are curious about what it's like inside, so having an open house is a great opportunity to let them see. While we were going through the temple I kept thinking about Ken Clark, a man I taught on my mission. I called him up and told him about the open house and that I wanted to take him. He said he was glad I called, and it just so happened that he would be in Utah the next week! That's not just coincidence. So yesterday, he spent some time at Temple Square - Yes! Then he came with us to the open house. It was such a neat experience. It was so fun to see him. It had been over 2 years since I had seen him. As we went through the temple I got to explain the basic functions in each room. I felt like a missionary again - it was awesome!! Afterwards he took us out to Olive Garden - yummy! We all sure enjoyed it. So, if there's someone you know that would benefit from going - I recommend taking them - it's a fabulous experience.

No comments: