Sunday, January 25, 2009

Part Time Job - Yes!

So, not only did our hometeacher help get the ball rolling for our missionary experience with Ken, he also helped me get a job! I'm grateful for hometeachers! Especially good ones! He works and owns Canterberry Assisted Living. It's a place for elderly people to live, but it's not a rest home. There are 8 residents and most of them are functioning and doing well. They have to be able to recognize and get out of the house on their own when there is an alarm. So my job is to cook, clean, give medication, visit with them, and help with any other things. It's fun to be with them. I got trained this last week and will be on my own tomorrow. I usually work 8-8 once or twice a week. It's great for me right now. I'm still hoping to get some full-time work with some more hours and benefits, but I'm so grateful to have something right now. It's a bleak job search with our economy right now. So anything is better than nothing!

1 comment:

shannon said...

Yay! Im glad you found a job. That can be so stressful. I hope you have fun with it. It sounds like it could be way fun!