Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas Cards

So I wanted a way to organize my Christmas cards. I know I should probably just throw them away, but I just can't seem to do it. So I made them into a little book. I wanted something small and simple. Something that would make them easy to look at. So I created this:
I put newsletters on 1 side, and if there was an accompanying picture, it went on the other side. That way, as you read the letter you can see the people who it came from. I also put "loner" pictures on the right side to be space efficient. The pictures were put on the backside of the next newsletter to condense the book. Here's our newsletter and picture. Of course I had to include that one! So if you by chance didn't get to see ours, now is your chance!
Any extra pictures I arranged after the newsletters.
All Christmas cards I cut down to the "essentials" to conserve space.
Then I drilled some holes, strung some ribbon to hold it, added some little touches, and vwala! Our Christmas card book. I was so happy with how it turned out. It was exactly what I wanted. It was so simple too - it only took me about 1 1/2. Awesome!

No comments: