Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas with the Schicks

We celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my family. I love spending time with family! It's the best! One of my family's favorite Christmas traditions is the Christmas box. When my two older brothers were just little, my parents were struggling financially. One Christmas they received a visit from Santa who brought pajamas and toys for my brothers, a dinner and some money for my parents. Once my parents could afford to it, they started their own Christmas box. Every year we find a family in need. We all go to the store, pick out and buy food for a Christmas dinner. We wrap a box and fill the box up with the food. My parents include a money envelope. We then all crowd into the car to go to our destination. One person carries the box, but we all walk up to the house, ring the doorbell and run! It's so fun with everyone doing it. I love it! There have been many fun experiences through the years and funny stories from it. We then all climb back in the car, and drive by to make sure the people got our package. We all love it! Christmas Eve was great with a delicious dinner made by my mom followed by a Christmas program organized by my dad. The program usually contains the Christmas story, maybe some other stories, some songs, some Christmas memories, etc. It's always a great time to remember the Savior and reflect on his birth and life.
My parents' house always looks so fun and festive at Christmastime. It's always fun to drive up to their house and see this:
My mom always decorates the inside of the house so beautifully. I love all their fun decorations in their house. Here's their little Christmas tree forest
I love Christmastime!!! Christmas is not Christmas without family, and I am so grateful for the time we got to spend with our families. How I love them!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

How pretty! My family had those same window clings. But since the kids took over decorating they all got lost over the years. Ah, precious memories.