Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

The weekend before Christmas we celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas with the Henage family. Rick and Jeannine were going to Israel the day after Christmas, so we decided to do Henage Christmas early, so they could then focus on their trip. It was a great idea! We got to have almost everyone in the Henage family there to celebrate. We didn't have to choose between 2 families. It was so fun to spend time with the family! I loved it! We did the Henage tradition of reading the Christmas story by candlelight and playing with the wax. Always a favorite. We also all sung Christmas songs around the piano which was tons of fun. The next morning we opened presents and played with family the whole day. Such fun! I got a new yoga mat. Matthew and I got a new deep fat frier - we can't wait to make sushi with it! We both got wireless headphones. Brittany made me a way cute purse - I love it! I'll have to post a picture of me with it later. It was kind of weird celebrating Christmas early the way we did, because it felt like we had already had Christmas. I kept forgetting that Christmas was still coming up.
Here's our tower of presents:
Matthew's wild, wild hair -
Matthew was in desperate need of some pajama bottoms - as you can see
Good thing Matthew was a good boy, so Santa could bring him some new ones.So here's the story behind those lovely looking pajama bottoms. I wanted to make him some for Christmas. I made tons of pajama bottoms in high school, so I thought I could do them in no time flat. Or so I thought....The first obstacle was finding some material that would be Matthew worthy - 3 stores later we finally found some that I liked. We (My mom and I) thought we got more than enough material to make them, but when we laid them out, we didn't have enough to make them long enough. No big deal, we would just add some at the bottom. After we had them all cut out we realized the words in the front were upside down. I busted up laughing! How funny is that?! This is about how all my sewing projects go - DISASTROUS! I was not going to buy more material or lay them out again. He'll just have to deal with it. Besides, the fabric is busy enough that you really wouldn't be able to tell unless you were looking for it. As we continued to make them I kept thinking they looked HUGE! I wanted them to be big and cumfy, but not ginormous! It seemed like there were other things that just weren't going our way, and they took WAY longer than I had anticipated....but I finished them, and Matthew loves them! He said he likes the words upside down, because it's easier for him to know which side is the front, and he can read the words when he sits down. He's so cute. I knew he would love them no matter how they turned out. I have such a great man! Maybe I'll look into taking a sewing class, so I can learn more and become more experienced with sewing. Then maybe I'll even enjoy doing it!Alisha had her Christmas dance the day we were celebrating Christmas. It's always fun helping her get ready. We all loved taking pictures and sending her off that night. Isn't she gorgeous!!!! She and her grandma made her dress. I love it! The slinky was a big hit with the kids

1 comment:

Sarah and Wes said...

Melanie, you crack me up! I love the pajama pant story!