Monday, February 15, 2010

Jewelry Fun

So I have found a new hobby that I LOVE! I love jewelry. I think it's so fun to accessorize. The discouraging, disappointing, frustrating part of jewelry accessorizing is I could never find quite what I was looking for. Or I would spend hours looking and not find anything. I also wanted to find some cute, simple earrings I could wear to work while I teach PE to add a little femininity to my outfit. I finally decided I would look into making my own. It couldn't be that hard, right? RIGHT!! I am amazed at how SIMPLE it really is. Of course, I stick to the simple things. I haven't tried anything too crazy, wild, complex yet. I looked at some youtube videos and learned how to do it. Then there were multiple fun trips to different craft stores to find just the right beads and stuff. I owned some jewelry that I wanted to match, and I also had some shirts and outfits I was trying to match. It was so fun trying to find things that would match and work. I had such fun doing it! So here are my "masterpieces!"
I already had these earrings, so I made the necklace and bracelet to match
I already had these earrings, so I made this bracelet to match. I also want to make a matching necklace
I also already had these earrings, so this is the bracelet I made to match
I had this necklace and earrings, so I made the bracelet to matchFor church last Sunday, I wore my sister's bridesmaid outfit, but with a different ribbon, and wanted to match the jewelry to the ribbon, so I made this necklace, bracelet and earrings. (The bracelet is the same from the previous picture, but it matches with both ensembles - Perfect!) I wore a red shirt yesterday, that I wanted slightly different earrings for, so I made the straight bead earrings. They were just what I was wanting. I used to have a necklace that matched these earrings and bracelets, but I lost it. I was so sad! So I made this necklace to replace it. It ended up being pretty heavy, so I haven't quite decided if I like it. The beauty of making your own, is if you don't like something, undo it and try something new! I love that!
I had this necklace and earrings and made the bracelet to match
I made these earrings and bracelet
These are my fun new earrings to match shirts for PE. I love wearing them! It adds that little something to my outfit that I was looking for.
Here they are all together! These are all my new creations. I love them! I don't know if I'll ever go back to buying jewelry. It's so fun to make it yourself, plus I love the challenge and creativity of it. If you want to learn, I can teach you what I know, or check out youtube. I love how easy it is to learn new things thanks to the internet!

2 comments:

Carina said...

How neat!! I have attempted to make jewelry as well. I have found it is so rewarding to be able to make something i love and knowing that there isn't another one like it floating around.

Sarah and Wes said...

One of my best friends taught me how to make my own jewelry and I love it too!!! It's amazing how simple it can be to make beautiful accessories. Glad you like it too!