Thursday, March 5, 2009

Delicious Bread and Cinnamon Rolls

It has been far too long since I've made bread. So I decided to make some today. It turned out great! I should make it more often with how quick we go through bread. I had some extra dough and thought it might make some good cinnamon rolls. I have not had any success making cinnamon rolls yet. I've tried making them 4-5 times and each time was a complete failure!!! Part of the problem is I try to make them in the morning for breakfast - Matthew LOVES them! - but there isn't enough time for the dough to rise and I get too impatient for them to rise. So they usually turn out hard, crusty, chewy and gross. We don't even eat a full one they are so nasty, and we throw the rest away.
But finally I succeeded!!! Using the extra dough I made the most delicious cinnamon rolls. Matthew was in heaven. He couldn't get over how yummy they were. He said they were the most delicious thing in his mouth. He said they were so soft and so good they melted in his mouth. Success is so sweet!!! Matthew even helped make the icing and put the icing on the cinnamon rolls. It's always fun to have his help in the kitchen.
Much thanks to my mom. I called and told her of my success. I am so grateful my mom taught me how to make bread. As I was looking at a different bread recipe it looked impossible to me, but having my mom teach me how to make bread has made it easy for me to learn and now make on my own. I have such a great mom! How grateful I am for her and all the things she has taught me.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Why do you torture me so?

Lisa said...

Do you use a breadmaker? My bread never looks like that!! Please email me your recipe and any tips you have!!!