Monday, March 2, 2009

Boise Trip and Best of All SKIING!!!!

My brother and sister-in-law got to enjoy a week in Washington DC last week, so Matthew and I went up to Boise to babysit my nephew TJ. We had a great time! I was so glad Matthew was able to go up with me. I played mom for a week of getting TJ to school, and Tae Kwon Do, making dinners, cleaning and all that good stuff. The best part of it was Matthew and I got to go skiing!!! We haven't yet been this season. I remembered how much I love skiing and can't wait to go again. It was so great! TJ went skiing with us. He definitely showed us up. Our first run and he took us on the moguls! I was hoping for a warm-up run first, but he said that's one of his favorites. He is a good little skiier! Wow! It was so funny some of the things TJ would say. He could not wait for his parents to get home. He was so cute. We got to play some games and hang out a little with Jeremy and Therese when they got home which was awesome. Therese asked if that experience encouraged us to have kids or was a good form of birth control. TJ is a great kid and easy to babysit, but we can wait on kids for now. Our time will come.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

That's what some parents of our nursery kids used to say to us about being newlywed nursery leaders. So I guess you've got a double-whammy "birth control" since you've got that calling now. Having kids is great, but then you kinda have to sacrifice your nieces and nephews. You just don't have the time or energy to be the cool aunt and uncle anymore.